Translate into Russian/English

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Fitting brands. Fashion in a City is getting closer

Noel Caleb, Fashion in a City, Avalon, Marina Bay Sands, fashion Show, 29 June, Singapore, Taiwan, Chun Ting Liu, fitting session, the Co, 75 High Street
First fitting session,
Taiwanese Chun Ting Liu

It's time! I haven't been writing about my modelling experience for a while, because there was not much stuff going on until yesterday eve, when Noel Caleb gathered all 60 models of their upcoming show 'Fashion in a city' for first fitting session at their home ground @ The Co, 75 High Street.

We had designers and participating brands to bring their clothes, accessories, shoes, bags for fitting and pairing. Models were pictured and recorded, individually and in groups representing brands collections. 
I got super excited, as I have had look at the participating brands on-line day before fitting and specially  liked two clothes brands - Taiwanese Chun Ting Liu and Thai Dusk till Dawn and I wanted to walk in their clothes, that I think quite fit my character and goes along with my own style. And so dreams come true, I got to represent Dusk till Dawn, that also has solid collection for guys. Actually that day they spent most of the time fitting and picturing them and I had to wait for my turn hour or so, but I'm glad I had that spare time to go around and chat with girls, designers, check collections and even try some accessories. I also had lovely chat with Chun Ting Liu designers and had a close look at their pieces. They have really cool two finger leather gloves, like those worn by professional snooker players, and I remember, that once my friend even presented my one of it - it was red velvet. Great black hat as a finish touch for one of the outfits (see photo in this post). Models also gonna wear special kind of plastic mask or I'm not sure, how to name it - better you check pictures, as I took couple, when designer was fitting it on girls. I really liked Chun Ting Liu collection, and honestly all of the pictures in this post are framing their collection, so you can have a look and make your opinion.
I'm also going to walk in accessories show representing Killari - Singapore-based custom fashion jewelry line and shoes show, featuring my friends Atelier Fang brand. Details on what pieces I'll be wearing are still to come, as we are going to have two more fitting sessions and rehearsals today eve and tomorrow, where they are going to match clothes and accessories, and I heard, that for accessories and shoes shows we might be wearing Noel Caleb clothes, and it will be great pleasure for me to present them again, after I was one of their models at Jonal collection launch in March.
I'm looking forward for fitting sessions tonight, as I want to have closer look at other participating brands like Singapore apparel collections by Lion Earl, Rêvasseur, Saloni Rathor, Thai Asama, Indonesian jii by Gloria Agatha, Singaporean littleoddforest, Allynna bags and clutches and The Shoe Mint. It's even more interesting, as some of brands are presenting South-East Asian fashion and literally arrived to Singapore specially for the show, like yesterday, when I came for fitting, they told me, my Dusk till Dawn clothes and designers are still in airport and going to arrive in one hour. It was really fun!
I promise to take tonight pictures of the pieces I'm going to wear and put up in tomorrow post, as well as to give you more details about event itself and schedule of the shows and walks. For now I should keep it short and sharp. And as usually I wrap up with list of my previous posts about my modelling experience, that you are always welcome to read, especially about our fun time at castings: 1st casting round2nd casting round for Fashion in A City, Singapore.
And here is the story from the beginning - from how did I got introduced to Noel Caleb at Singapore bloggers gathering in January 2013, then I went to their Model X Blogger Search in February 2013, where I discovered, that I'm invited to be part of their upcoming Jonah clothes collection launch in March, and I got chance to try myself for first time as a model, not only cover event as a blogger. But still as I'm used to write about my life and things I try especially for first time, I kept track of how Fashion show was prepared and organised, writing down every step: about Models proving power of Social Media getting fans "Likes",  First Models Training, First Fitting Session and then about event itself - 'Jonah' collection launch 'behind-the-scene'.
If we don't see each other before, or you don't have chance to have a look at my nposts tomorrow and day after, then I see you at Fashion in a city @ AvalonMBS ... On the 29th of June... Show starts 5 pm. For more details, please check their web-site, event page in Facebook and Fanpage as well!
Noel Caleb, Fashion in a City, Avalon, Marina Bay Sands, fashion Show, 29 June, Singapore, Taiwan, Chun Ting Liu, fitting session, the Co, 75 High Street
Models in Taiwanese brand Chun Ting Liu clothes -
 First fitting session for Fashion in a City Show
by Noel Caleb, Avalon, Marina Bay Sands, 29th June, Singapore
Noel Caleb, Fashion in a City, Avalon, Marina Bay Sands, fashion Show, 29 June, Singapore, Taiwan, Chun Ting Liu, fitting session, the Co, 75 High Street
Love how the the dress and boots are matching!
Taiwanese brand Chun Ting Liu First fitting session for Fashion in a City Show
by Noel Caleb, Avalon, Marina Bay Sands, 29th June, Singapore
Noel Caleb, Fashion in a City, Avalon, Marina Bay Sands, fashion Show, 29 June, Singapore, Taiwan, Chun Ting Liu, fitting session, the Co, 75 High Street
How would you name this 'mask'?
Taiwanese designer Chun Ting Liu finishing models look during
First fitting session for Fashion in a City Show, Singapore
Noel Caleb, Fashion in a City, Avalon, Marina Bay Sands, fashion Show, 29 June, Singapore, Taiwan, Chun Ting Liu, fitting session, the Co, 75 High Street
Taiwanese designer Chun Ting Liu literally fitting the mask on model during
First fitting session for Fashion in a City Show @ the Co, 75 High Street, Noel Caleb home ground 
Noel Caleb, Fashion in a City, Avalon, Marina Bay Sands, fashion Show, 29 June, Singapore, fitting session, the Co, 75 High Street
Guys mingling while waiting for Dusk till Dawn designers to arrive
First fitting session for Fashion in a City Show @ the Co, 75 High Street, Noel Caleb home ground